You know mom or dad have gotten to the point that they need help at home. Your over their all the time and when you're not there, they're calling you asking for help. Now it's time to find someone that can help you, because you just can't do it all yourself. Here is a quick resource guide to help you make the right choice.
The care you provide is important, and choosing the right person to help you provide the care can't be taken lightly. I'm sorry to say but in our experience you have to interview 12-15 people before you find someone that is going to have all the characteristics of a good caregiver.
Here are the traits you need to look for, and a good caregiver must have all of them:
- An empathetic and caring heart for the elderly
- A strong work ethic
- Clean Criminal and driving record
- Good communication skills
- A proactive attitude that anticipates problems before they happen
- Cooking Skills
- Cleaning Skills
- Basic Medical Skills
- Familiar with basic modern technology: computer/smart phone
These are just some of the things to look for in a trustworthy senior home care aide. Follow this link to download our complete guide: