Home Health Care in Sacramento, CA – 7 Caregiving Tips for Acute MI Recovery
Aging can be a blessing as our wisdom and experience increase but it sometimes comes with some health complications as well. Such health problems cause some of our senior parents to be constant visitors to hospitals. This can be very stressful emotionally as well as having an effect on our financial budget. Keeping a watchful eye on our senior parents to make sure everything is going well for them can seem like a full-time job and can be difficult to juggle along with family at home and a career.
Home care for seniors can help you out tremendously in this regard. Just think how nice it would be for your loved one to have the help they need at home on a daily basis, so you don’t have to worry about how they’re doing while you are at work?
For your loved one who has had a heart attack (acute MI) and has come home to recover, you can count on home care to take care of all their medical needs during their recuperation.
Here are 7 tips for taking care of your senior parent who is recovering from acute MI.
- Hiring an expert to care for your senior parents is a wise decision. Such experts have experience and are highly qualified. They are well trained for their home health care duties and will give your parent loving attention. Unlike hospital personnel, your parent’s home health care nurse will not have other people to attend to; only your parent. This makes senior health care services a popular option.
- Either on your own or through the assistance of the professional caregiver, it is wise to encourage your senior parents to do exercises. Your parent’s doctor will advise you regarding the type and duration of exercise best suited to your parent as well as when they can begin an exercise program.
- Eating right is of utmost importance. Healthy diet is equal to health living. Ensure your parent recovering from acute MI is eating nutritious and healthful food each day. Good food plays a crucial role in helping them recover and remain healthy.
- Recovery after acute MI condition will require your parent to quit some habits. Such behaviors include smoking or even too much drinking. You can’t be there every minute to encourage your parent to quit bad habits and adopt new, better habits. Home care services can take care of that for you.
- Moral support is a main ingredient in recovery during this time. Ensure family members and friends are able to come and sit with your parent and spend time talking with them. Length of visits will depend on how your parent’s recovery is progressing, but moral support is vital to a good recovery.
- Medication prescribed by the doctor should be taken on time and in the right amounts. Your parent’s home health provider is well trained to administer medications.
- Reduce the possibility of hospital readmission for your loved one by ensuring they get the love and care they need during this time.
If you have an aging loved one who needs professional senior care, or are considering home care services for yourself call Harmony Home Care and talk to our care staff. They will be attentive to your situation, and provide clear and immediate options to help you deal with the difficulties you face. Harmony Home Care provides services for the greater Sacramento, Placer, and El Dorado Counties including: Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Granite Bay, Roseville, Cameron Park, Placerville and surrounding areas. For more information and a FREE assessment CALL (916) 414-9100.