Senior Care Ideas on Keeping Mom Healthy and Fit in Sacramento, CA
This national health promotion is for women of all ages. It turns out to be a big event every year. Held on the last Wednesday in September, it focuses on encouraging participation in physical activity. Health awareness for women is another big part of the promotion.
On this day all over the country there will be health and fitness events. Look for them at hospitals, senior centers, health clubs, schools, park and recreation facilities, health clubs, community locations and houses of worship. There will be an estimated 1,000 groups hosting these events, and an estimated 80-100,000 women of all ages who will be participating in the activities.
What will be happening at the events?
Activities will be:
- Based on the interests of the local women in each community
- They will be non-competitive
- May include walking activities
- Exercise demonstrations for different types of exercise
- Health screenings
- Health information workshops
Other information and facts about National Women’s Health & Fitness Day
- The event is organized by the Health Information Resource Center (HIRC)
- The theme for 2013 was “Being Active is a Healthy Choice!”
- The new theme for 2014 will be chosen by having a contest with prizes
- The goal of this day is to encourage women and give them empowerment to take control of their own health
- Encourages women to learn more facts about their own health
- Promotes taking time for more regular physical activity for women in their life
- A new addition is the National Women’s Health & Fitness Week which will always be the fourth week of the month
What you can do to participate
If you are a woman, find the local events taking place in your community. Take your senior mom and any other female members of your family of any age and go participate. Learn as much as you can about taking control of good health through regular exercise. Make some new commitments to following a regular exercise routine or sign up for some classes like yoga, Pilates, tai chi, swimming, walking, Zumba or whatever else sounds interesting and is available in your area.
How Senior Care Services can help
For your elderly mother, getting regular exercise may mean she needs someone to take her to yoga class or to go on regular walks with her every day. A caregiver can do the exercise with her as well as keep her encouraged to keep on trying every day and not give up. There may be some senior exercise classes offered in your community, which you could check into and see if your mom would be more comfortable attending an exercise class that’s geared specifically toward seniors.
If you have an aging loved one who needs professional senior care, or are considering senior care home services for yourself call Harmony Home Care and talk to our care staff. They will be attentive to your situation, and provide clear and immediate options to help you deal with the difficulties you face. Harmony Home Care provides services for the greater Sacramento, Placer, and El Dorado Counties including: Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Granite Bay, Roseville, Cameron Park, Placerville and surrounding areas. For more information and a FREE assessment CALL (916) 414-9100.