Placerville, CA - When Your Loved One Needs Home Health Care
One of the basic human needs is to be independent. However, that may be hard sometimes, especially for seniors. Your elderly loved one may develop a medical condition which makes it hard to take care of themselves. In this situation, family members and friends have to do their best to help the person out as much as possible. There comes a time when professional help is required, and home health care services are there to help.
There are two basic types of home care - health care and caregiving. Home Health Care is when a specially trained person provides the medical therapy needed. Caregiving is where the elderly person is being taken care of on a daily bases. If your loved one needs assistance at home, it is important to select the one that fits his or her needs the best.
Some of the services your home health care service can provide that aren’t available through caregiving services include the following:
· Wound care or intravenous therapy
· Palliative care
· Health education about the disease your loved one has and healthy lifestyle changes
· Self-care information you can help your loved one with or they can do themselves
· Some home support services
· Administering of medications
· Monitoring health signs
Your senior loved one may need a nurse’s care if:
· They are being released from the hospital and have just had surgery or a sudden health event such as a stroke, pneumonia or heart attack
· They have experienced a serious injury
· Development or worsening of a chronic condition requiring them to need more care than what is currently available in their home
· They need assistance with ongoing health issues requiring medical assistance
· Your loved one’s doctor has written a prescription for nursing care
It’s likely your aging parent will prefer to be cared for at home rather than spend a longer time in the hospital or be moved to a care facility.
Harmony Home Care provides services for the greater Sacramento, Placer, and El Dorado Counties including: Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Granite Bay, Roseville, Cameron Park, Placerville and surrounding areas. For more information and a FREE assessment CALL (916) 414-9100.